Monday, July 12, 2010

A Little Bit Of Summer.....

Arent' these just the cutest kids you have ever seen? I am just crazy about them.... and they sure add a little CrAzY to my life! :)
Macey (5) and Barrett (2) July 4th, 2010

This post is devoted to capturing some funnies that have made Summer 2010 so mememorable!

Barrett has discovered a crazy love of mud and mud puddles! Along with frogs and worms and rocks and sticks. One night after supper I let him play with the water hose and he filled this hole that we have in our flower bed with water.... and this is the progression of his fun! He ended up sitting in all that nasty, muddy water and loving every second of it!

Macey is getting so excited for school and is super ready! After we had had supper and played outside one night, she asked if they could have a "HEALTY SNACK". Please let me interepret her note that she left for me on the bar: Fruit snacks and Donuts! She is is mother's daughter! :) Sounds healthy to me.... however, I told her that was not an option at 9:00 pm and offered her a banana with some peanut butter instead. You can see in pic two how she feels about that! But she's a happy girl eatin' that peanut butter! :)

My sweet, little, busy, into-everything two year old sure does keep me on my toes! I found him in is room with Barbie when I noticed things were A TAD TOO QUIET! Obviously Barrett was concerned about Barbie's diaper rash and made sure she wouldn't have any trouble with it for a reaaallllyyyy long time! :)


This is how Daddy gives a bubble bath! He fills the water up and lets the bubbles almost spill over the top. No wonder they want him to give them a bath! :) They had so much fun I just had to share these!


And now back to that busy boy..... After hearing Macey scream to the top of her lungs, I ran into her room to find the air vent cover OFF and both of them peering down the air duct..... I wonder what they found. Oh, look, it is Barbie again..... I had to lay down on my stomach to reach down and rescue her. Just when I pulled her safely out, I realized I better hurry..... Lots of doll house family and pieces were still down there! The pile is what I dug out of the vent.... no telling what is too far down to ever be seen again! :( But, boy he was proud!



And this pic is of Sunday Morning, July 4th! I am so blessed to be married to such an amazing man and to have these two wonderfully made kids! I had a fantastic birthday weekend with my family in Jonesboro. I am one happy girl! :)

Better late than never.... I have been wanting to post my favorite bible verses after Kelly did on her blog. But I am having a terrible time narrowing it down to one.... or even a few. These below are some of my current faves. If you are like me, you might cling to a verse for a while and then God reveals a new one to you that becomes your favorite. I have a journal that I write verses that really speak to me and it is always great to go back and read the verses that carried me through difficult times and the the ones that I held onto in times of joy and triumph.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned up; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Phillipians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Joshua 24:15
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

These are just a few verses that I love. God's word is so real and alive. I love how HE grabs my attention and and makes it so .... real! More than ever before, I have a stirring in my spirit for more of God. I am hungry for more of His word and eager to spend time with Him.... I am excited for what He is doing in my life and my family. My last comment and thought:

HE IS FAITHFUL!



1 comment:

  1. I love your funny stories about your precious kids. It's good to record them for those days when things aren't running so smoothly! Isn't it awesome to even have FAVORITE Bible verses? What a great God who gives living and active words to us to hold on to!

    ReplyDelete