Friday, May 7, 2010

What's In a Name?

In Response to "Show Us Your Life" from Kelly's Korner Blog, I thought I was share the stories behind the names we chose.


Posted by Picasa
Macey was almost an Avery! From the beginning of our pregnancy, we loved that name and had just about decided on it for sure..... until I mentioned "Macey". David loved it immediately and so did all of our family members. Her name means "Enduring". We debated over and over again on a middle name.... should we go with trendy or something with family ties. In the end, we chose Reenay for her middle name, which she shares with her mommy and nana!
Barrett was almost a Conner! We have loved this name for ages. Having taught school, it was very hard to decide on names because some horrible kid can ruin a good name! I had a precious boy in my class named Garrett and thought about tweaking it a bit to "Barrett". I wanted something masculine, and of course David always had to try out the name in his sports announcer voice..... "And Barrett Clayton, #12, for the touchdown!!!!" Barrett means strong as a bear and my paternal great-grandmother's maiden name was Reeder. Grandma Great, as we called her, was an amazing, Godly woman and I hope to instill her love of God to both of my children.
David and I both mention names we like quite often knowing that we would love nothing more that to have 1 or 2 or 10 more babies!!! HAHA.... ok, just one or two.... and several years down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment